This is a collection of short in-character fiction pieces about Awakened Industries, a group of capsuleers and their crews living in the enigmatic and dangerous regions of Wormhole Space in EVE Online. None of the protagonists are actual characters or corporations in-game. All similarities with persons fictional or real are possibly coincidental and only sometimes intentional. - Emergent Patroller

For an introduction to this blog refer to this link. You may also want to check out the guide for new readers

Warning
: The stories on this blog contain mature themes involving sexuality and violence and are not suitable for minors or sensitive people.

24 Mar 2013

OOC Entry 80 - Yes I am still alive

I just realized it has been two weeks since I wrote something on my blog. The reason for that is, that I was engaged in a massive project IRL that meant working days of ten and more hours, living in hotels where the network connection is always bad wifi and generally too much on my mind to deal with EVE or writing stories.

I have typed a few notes and collected some scraps of half-remembered scenes in my mind which I would like to put into the epilogue for my last big story, but it probably wont happen before the Easter weekend because next week I have to travel again for the third week in a row to finally get this project done.

I sort-of hoped to be able to log in and play a bit this weekend, but to be honest, as much as I love the game and my in-game friends, I love my boyfriend more and would rather spend my scarce free time with him. On top of that one of my friends and neighbours is moving out next week and was giving a goodbye party.

Still, I am not completely out of the loop. I noticed how CCP has announced their next expansion - Odyssey.

The announcement sounds quite promising. How much of the promise will become truth remains to be seen of course, but it seems like there will be new visuals and that CCP wants to tackle PVE content.

Of course there will be a lot of haters, as always, and the big question about "A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec" is, whether anything will be done to address the ridiculous concentration of certain essential materials in the hands of a few overly powerful alliances.

For me as a wormhole resident, the promise of "dozens of changes to player-owned starbases" is of course music to my ears.

Also there has been mention about more dynamism in security status, new ships, more rebalancing and "a renewed sense of wonder".

I like my sense of wonder renewed.

More changes to the storyline and more live events are promised too. As usual I will probably be missing those, but I still like reading about them and I like a game universe that doesn't just remain static. It keeps you engaged beyond the immediate group you are playing with, and that's always nice.

So yes, I am cautiously excited.

What also excites me is the prospect of going to fanfest for the first time this year, and that will be in only a month from now. The first time in 15 years that I am actually going to attend an event with people from an online community.

In one way I expect it to be pretty horrible in ways that I will try my best to be amused about. On the other hand, I really look forward to meeting my in-game friends, some of which I have spent more than a year with now.

I am also looking forward to actually meeting some other people I have not ever been with in-game or maybe only for a short time: Alekseyev Karrde who I had the opportunity to spend time with during my period in Noir Academy and Black Legion and for whom I have a lot of respect and admiration, Elo Knight of Black Legion (if he's going to be there) because I just want to meet the guy who can do such amazing things as a combat commander in-game - he really impressed me during the operations I was able to join under his command. Sindel Pellion because I think she's a funny person I can imagine to have a lot of fun with, and because I might need another woman next to me in some situations. I want to meet Kil2 to tell him how big of a fan of his I am and to wish him all the best for his career with CCP. Also, Roc Wieler because I want to experience what kind of macho ladies' man sweet talk he could come up with and how much it can make me laugh (or even make me feel genuinely flattered, who knows).

Of course there are more, but those are the ones I really would like to meet in person and of whom I know or expect that they will come.

There is one person I want to slap in the face (only figuratively of course) if he were to come. I wont say who because otherwise he might hide from me. Well, he doesn't know what I look like anyway, only from behind on a black-and-white photograph, but still.

Well, it's still a month to go.

Hopefully a month during which I can write some more and actually play that damn spaceship game too.

2 comments:

  1. "...but to be honest, as much as I love the game and my in-game friends, I love my boyfriend more and would rather spend my scarce free time with him"

    I am very disappointed, nobody in our alliance shall have a real life. Its just not allowed. And btw, I did borrow your Arazu for an outing the other day. Returned it without a scratch which was not the intent ;-)

    ReplyDelete